When looking for a green travel destination, these are some of the best practices you should look for:
1. Provides clients with pre-trip information on ecological issues and attractions
2. Demonstrates correct knowledge, and respect for, plant and animal life in day-to-day practices, and educates clients on local ecology where appropriate.
3. Makes monetary contributions to conservation efforts in the region.
4. Makes physical (e.g., tree planting) contributions to conservation efforts in the region.
5. Employs measures to actively minimize impacts on the environment (e.g.,carbon offsets).
6. Uses vehicles with lower emissions; uses transportation wisely to reduce environmental impact.
7. Uses solar, wind, or other alternative energy sources in operations at operator’s site and destination’s.
8. Actively reduces, reuses and recycles at operator’s site and destination’s.
9. Uses local and fair-trade goods and services.